27 September 2014

Year 1: Family drawings

I am so excited to properly meet the Year 1 children. I love working with the little ones because they are so enthusiastic, especially when it comes to using the iPads.

The majority of children at our school have some form of tablet at home, so they already know how an iPad works. My challenge, is to teach them how an iPad can be used in the classroom, for learning, not just for playing!

So, we started off this year using one of my favourite drawing apps, Drawing Pad.
This app is actually installed on every year group iPad, including Year 6! It has so many different drawing tools, plus stickers and fun things to add to your drawings. It can keep children entertained for hours using their creativity to its maximum!  

To keep it simple for the children, I set the app to the marker pen (though some children were adventurous enough to choose different tools as well) and they draw a member of their family for me. Here are some of the fantastic drawings they did. 












No comments: